We invite you to join us at this year’s 5G seminar where you will hear from about the visions and plans for 5G tailored network slicing in multiple industries. The industry is seeing 5G as a generational transformation from network to network-experience, delivering a tailored “Network as a Service” that matches specific communication needs of the services demanded by humans and machines.
Venue: Moscone Center (South), Level 2 room 216.
14:00 – 14:15 Assemble
14:15 – 14:25 Welcome and Introduction
• It’s not just about superfast mobile broadband
Head of Future Network Programme, GSMA
14:25 – 14:40 PRESENTATION – Collaborative initiative to enable 5G Network Slicing
• How and why the requirement?
• Why a collaborative initiative?
• The road to standardising Network Slicing.
Senior Project Manager, Deutsche Telekom
(Chair of GSMA Network Slicing Task Force)
14:40 – 14:55 PRESENTATION – Flexibility offered by Network and Application Platform Slicing
• Creating infrastructure “Green Field” opportunities
• Creating additional supplier options while lessening fears of vendor lock-in
• Options to consider while we wait for 5G
Technical Architect, Wireless Network Architecture and Design, AT&T
14:55 – 15:10 PRESENTATION – 5G Network Slicing: business models and network capabilities
• What new opportunities 5G can offer to the industries
• What 5G capabilities should be shared to industries?
• What are the key technologies and priorities?
Senior Specialist Mobile Core Standards & Architecture, Nokia
15:10 – 15:25 PRESENTATION – Enabling Industries by building trusted networks
• How Network Slicing offers customized secured private networks?
• Will customers pay more for a better experience?
Head of 5G Strategy & Partnerships, Gemalto
15:25 – 15:40 PRESENTATION – Empowering enterprise use cases through slices
• Compartmentalizing the mobile core to meet enterprise use cases
• Enabling the new operation model
• Creating value by empowering IT leaders to manage mobility services?
Humberto J. La Roche
Principal Engineer at Chief Technology and Architecture Office, Cisco
15:40 – 16:20 INDUSTRY PANEL
This session will cover the following topics, with each member of the panel sharing their prospective, followed by audience Q&A.
• What is the role of mobile network operator in industries today and tomorrow?
• A common network or a virtualised dedicated network?
• How can the industry-specific service re-shape the MNOs in the future?
16:20 – 16:30 Q&A